CAP Index’s CRIMECAST® Data and Reports provide all the relevant crime risk data for your locations and are readily available as soon as you need them. CRIMECAST Data and Reports are invaluable decision-making tools for your organization to establish security protocols based on objective, validated data.
Whether you operate at one site or have a portfolio of locations, CRIMECAST Reports encompass the critical details you need to assess the risks of crime and loss that affect your business along with the intelligence to mitigate them, resulting in widespread benefits for your organization.
CRIMECAST Data and Reports will help to:
CRIMECAST Reports: An In-depth Assessment of Crime Risk at Any Location
CRIMECAST Reports provide information to measure the likelihood that crime and loss will occur at any address in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Mexico. Each report includes CAP Scores which indicate the risk of crime as well as detailed maps to visualize the risk of crime around your locations within a defined radius.
CRIMECAST Reports include the following components to analyze and visualize risk at, and around the scored location:
- CAP Scores indicate the risk of crime and loss at the scored location.
- Core CAP Scores measure the overall risk of crime at the location.
- Crime-Specific CAP Scores indicate the risk for multiple crime categories: Crimes Against Persons which includes Homicide, Rape, Robbery, and Aggravated Assault; and, Crimes Against Property which includes Burglary, Larceny, and Motor Vehicle Theft.
- Supplemental CAP Scores* designate the likelihood of Vandalism and Simple Assault in the United States.
- Color-coded Maps to help visualize the risk within a location’s radius.
- Trend Data with past, current, and projected CAP Scores that are presented in context with the national, state, and county levels of risk.
- Points of Interest Data that provide distances and counts for a select list of access/escape routes, government/medical locations, and other POIs commonly used in risk assessments and that could potentially augment or mitigate a site’s crime risks
- NEW Demographic Data* – Information that offers insight into the various factors that may indicate the degree of social disorganization around a site.
* See table below for pricing and availability.
CRIMECAST Interactive Maps: A Visual Representation of Crime Risk
We provide two different types of interactive mapping tools to visualize risk around your locations. CAP Index also offers Citywide Maps to detail the risk of crime for larger geographic areas up to an approximately 46×30 mile area.
Site Maps: Depict the level of risk for the location itself as well as the CAP Scores for the geographic area surrounding the location. CRIMECAST Site Maps help identify the potential origin of criminal behavior at the location’s address.
Heat Maps: Provide a broader look of the risk of crime within the entire viewing area of the map. CRIMECAST Heat maps are developed by calculating the CAP Index Score for every point within the map and then shading each point based on its risk.
Citywide Maps: Offer crucial insight into risk across a broad region. Citywide Maps are ideal for delivery services, home healthcare, executive protection, real estate planning, and general proximity applications.
Three CRIMECAST Reports to Choose From
- # OF SCORING METHODOLOGIES ?
- CORE CAP SCORES ?
- SUPPLEMENTAL SCORES ?
- HEAT MAPS ?
- POINTS OF INTEREST (POI) DATA ?
- DEMOGRAPHIC DATA ?
- A single approach to assessing crime risk
- Optional Add-on (18)
- Optional Add-on
- Not Included
- Optional Add-on
- A deeper understanding of crime
- Optional Add-on (36)
- Optional Add-on
- The most complete assessment of crime risk
CRIMECAST Scores: Built with Millions of Data Points
The CAP Index Scoring System is the result of sophisticated research by expert professionals with roots in criminological theory and its applications. It incorporates socio-economic factors along with police and client loss data into its algorithms, including:
CAP Reports are critical to my risk assessments. They have enabled us to take a more surgical approach to investing in our stores that need it the most.
Senior Manager of Asset Protection
Five Below, Inc.
CAP Index is the first tool I turn to when time is of the essence. I can always depend on CAP Index to provide me qualified crime information within a very few minutes that I feel comfortable reviewing with the C-Suite.
Stephen A. Brown, CPP
Director, Corporate Security / Facility Security Officer
Burns & McDonnell
CAP Index data is a vital part of our security decision-making process.
Keith McGlen, CPP, CHPA
Associate Vice President
System Security Services
Memorial Hermann Health System
CRIMECAST® Reports have helped our organization for many years to proactively assess the particular risk for crime surrounding our facilities. The CAP Index® CRIMECSAST Platform is an easy-to-use online service that provides us with the flexibility to share and decentralize crime risk data within our North America business units.
Carlos J. Cortez,
Manager, Global Security Programs,
Kraft Foods, Inc. / Mondelez International
Our property selectors are not discouraged from a site just because it receives a high score. What we do is issue every store – all of them – a security classification. The classification determines how we allocate our security resources to that store.
CAP Index's online platform, CRIMECAST, is great. It is easy to use and quick!
Bank of America
In industries where there is high public contact and a customer is coming to our location (such as retail), why would you leave it to chance when planning security when there is an easy, affordable tool? When investing a million dollars on a location, what is this small charge compared to what it may cost you when you get sued?
CAP Index assessments are a must for anyone engaged in asset protection. The new website is much improved and as important, easy to navigate.
The Williams Companies
We have been using CAP Index for a few years and include it in our security vulnerability assessments. Highly recommend it.
Director, Protective Services
Nationwide Children's Hospital